Edited to add: *ahem* Welcome to the morbid inner ponderings of my brain:
I got the paperwork for my upcoming surgery this weekend. It's not a big deal, (the surgery). Small benign growth thingy that they'll take out and then it will be gone. Its kinda freaking me out anyway. Eeeee. The paperwork that arrived had lots of advance care directive papers... which got me thinking:
In case the surgery goes tits up (and for the record):
I want to be cremated.
No casket, no stones, just my ashes floating on the wind. I always thought I'd choose the cerque above Landmark Gap Lake since it's the loveliest place in my memory -- but only my Dad knows how to get there and it would involve first a long plane ride, then long car ride, then a canoe trip and then a long hike... plus, only my Dad knows how to get there and we don't talk, so yeah. Chena Hot Springs under the Northern lights was a lovely alternative and only involves a long plane ride and a moderate car ride... plus, bonus, there's a lovely overnight hike from Angel Rocks to Chena Hot Springs that has luscious blueberry fields in the fall. But, I recently heard a friend's tale of scattering ashes in a remote location and it sounded real... well, inconvenient. I'd hate to inconvenience anyone. I'd be satisfied with being planted under a lilac bush. I just want to be outside, really. My only real request would be no viewings, please. The idea of people looking at me all dead and stuff give me the wiggins! As my grandmother once said: There's just no way they'd do my hair right!
In other news, I went for my very first snow shoe trek today... and, ok, it was raining and the snow covering kinda pitiful, but it was outside and involved snow shoes, good conversation, and fresh air... and play time with Ms. Fancy Pants! Plus, afterward we watched Tipping The Velvet, which is always a good time. I heart BBC's lesbian period dramas, oh yes I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm very sorry to hear about the surgery - I do hope it goes well and you can move on quickly.
I do like your cremains ideas though...I've had similar thoughts this past year, too. I kind of fancy the idea of my ashes being scattered (secretly) as seasoning (as it were) for the dinner at the wake...every one can take a little bit of me home with them. :D
Post a Comment