Fancy Pants?
Lyrics and music credit: Awesome Kelly
It makes me giggle.
Fancy Pants is, yet again, the subject of a song. Can anyone be blamed for the fact that her cuteness inspires music? I blame Pants. She *is* the cutiest, after all.
The sun is shining. I desire to walk in it; to open my gait and let myself relax into the swing of legs from hip. My back has been begging for walking. Sore and strained it yearns for it, and I must listen and answer.
This evening. This evening I shall take Fancy Pants.
-------------------------------------------------
Later in the evening, the errant blogger returns!
-------------------------------------------------
I met some friends tonight to watch Shakespeare in the park. It's free and they put it on walking distance from my house (and the weather was fab)! Unfortunately one of the microphones on the characters went kerplewey midway through the first act. Incidentally, the play was As You Like It. Kerplewey microphone belonged to Orlando ...so the whole play got confusing. I was lost anyway, but maybe it was just me. Don't think so though, 'cos we all left during intermission and went to my house and then on a night hike!
I heart me a good night hike and tonight did not dissapoint.
It was gorgeous and clear and temperate with a nearly full moon and a clear sky - just windy enough so the bugs didn't bite but warm enough to walk in shorts and a t-shirt. We went to the park and through the woods how I like to go, and then up into the Colgate Divinity School campus.
They have a hill there where you can see the tree line and the sky all wide and unfolding against the edges of the universe. I like to imagine contemplative monks or nuns taking in the night sky with wonder, just like I do.
It's the second time I've been to that spot this summer. The place always seems a little magic and a little lonely to me. It was lovely to see the view again. While my friends snuck off to find a divine corner to spoon in, I laid there and pet my dog and watched the sky, stark and clear and somehow both large and small and together and alone all at once. I imagined the unfolding of the universe and wondered what lies in store for me? Where are my feet are leading me these days? What will unfold?
I didn't arrive at any answers, but I could swear the lady in the moon winked at me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment