This here is my conundrum, which is not so much a conundrum as a situation. It involves the Housey-house which I made an offer on and want so much. I am in the process of making a decision on this house. The recommendations from the inspector came to about $8k in repairs (!) Plus the old furnace that will need replacing, probably in the next year or two. They've offered me 6k @ closing and I'd need to mortage or come up with the rest. I love the place, but I'm not sure I can swing the extra 2k + furnace. I outbid three other people with my offer and don't think I have anything else left to work with. I have to redo my budget. Again. Possibly thrice. I hope I can make it work... if not, well, then not.
I say that with a resigned sigh because, well... I have been trying to figure out a way to make it work all night and haven't been able to. So, at the moment, I am thinking that the answer is not. Not unless I figure out a way to do it in the next hour. I must decide. Today. By noon.
Plus, finish my statistics midterm which is kicking my ass.
*however*
It is now officially spring, and I cannot do anything but delight in this fact. To celebrate, I went for a nice tromp yesterday evening for about an hour through the park. By the time this dilly-dallier got outside the day's bright sunshine had faded... but this start to spring needed honoring, so I bundled up and walked forward.
On the way I saw some things that made me wish for a camera:
- It was snowing lightly and very cold. The melted water flow from the day's sunshine combined with the quick freeze made these very lava-esque ice flows on the ground that were just beautiful (but quite treacherous to traverse)!
- A handsome young boxer mix with his ear-flap hat wearing human.
- A very long blond branch that had been mostly stripped smooth of its bark. I helped it get fully stripped and then felt inspired to prop it up vertically against the biggest darkest tree trunk I could find. It made a gorgeous contrast and ended up being visible from the departing gates of the poetry garden. It was a very Andrew Goldsworthy moment!
- The pale and tender heads of hopeful snowdrops poking through the ice, yearning toward the sun.
3 comments:
Do you know yet? Are you going for the house?
I had to turn it down :(.
Well poop indeed!
Sorry to hear...hope something else comes up for you soon.
Post a Comment