Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Truth and Beauty




Photography, artistic and general brilliance credit: Awesome Kelly.

Do you see this?

*This* is beautiful to me.

It is beautiful in vision and execution and intent.

It is so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

I look at it and it feels like the weight of these stones is connecting the cosmos to the core of the center of the earth.

It looks like truth feels to me; like centered solidness in the midst of an impossible balancing act.

It dances.

It plays with the idea of symmetry and the orange late day sun.

Ever have someone make something so beautiful it steals your breath away and then say it was inspired by you?

I am so touched I don't even know what to do with it.

How does the meaning of meaning make the world change shape? What is beauty? What reaches out and connects a heart to an object? To another person? What inspires? What *resonates*?

1 comment:

a former nitwit said...

It would be nice to see the world the way you do.