It's been quite a very long time since I wrote in here. Can't blame you if you stopped reading. I would. I have, actually. School and life climbed up my leg and wrapped their arms around me... and I've been polka-ing with the dynamic duo non-stop since October.
I get up before 7am most days, though I've been able to sleep in a little on the weekends lately. I have been working part time(I recently went down to per-diem)and now have weekends off, which is lovely!
I'm still in school full time. I've started my first clinical rotation in school, I am doing primary care at a university health clinic one day a week along with that. I've been doing some RA hours also and hopefully am close to submitting a manuscript to some places for publication. I'm gearing up for my first rejections shortly to follow.
I do my best to get my work done during the day -- which usually involves lots of typing. In the evening I try and put it away if I can. If I can't I end up writing my never ending papers and intermittently doing things like this, or checking my email. Mostly, at the end of the day I want to put on play clothes and go for a long walk in the fading sun. After which, I'm usually interested in a nice supper followed by some reading (lately by the fireplace) before I turn in and go to sleep in preparation for another early day.
This is boring. I've become boring. Welcome to my boring life!
Naaaaw.
I isn't boring.
Shush, you!
Other updates... my breast reduction went well. I'm well into healing. The scars are fading well, but I can still see them. My back has been gradually improving since, which has been wonderful. I'm still dating the same woman I started crushing on around this time last year. She's at an all-girl punk rock concert at the moment. I had midterm writing to do, so I stayed home. See how wisely I use my time? Communication with my folks is better than it has been in quite some times and, this year, may even progress to the exchange of birthday cards. Things on that front have been rocky at times, I rarely know where things stand but for a few weeks things have been good. So that's good.
Things with the ex haven't changed. We don't see each other except to exchange the dog, which has become a point of contention. She wants me to take the dog full-time now. I agreed to do it, I'd love to do it. I need to move to do it... and I feel guilty. I feel guilty because I'm gone long hours. I feel guilty because the ex has a family that wants her who I think would make a great home for her. I feel guilty for being willing to give my dog away. I feel guilty for wanting to keep her. I feel guilty either way. Also, there's the part where she used to belong to my parents and, if I give her away, I feel like I ought to ask them if they want her back first -- only I don't want her to go there.
Those things.
Plus, Kel's gravy is good gravy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice to see you around and about on the interwebs lately - I've missed you.
Post a Comment